Christopher R. Jarosz, CPA
406 N Beverly Ln, Arlington Hts, IL 60004
University of Notre Dame
Results-driven CPA/ accounting executive with 25+ years of experience building accounting teams and coordinating with organizations’ operations and upper management on key business objectives to achieve dramatic bottom-line results. Exemplary leader who can manage change in a positive way, mitigate risk, infuse new ideas and deliver solid results.
• Highly analytical with “big picture” vision and the ability to work with management, staff and customers to convert complex requirements into actionable results.
• Strong mentor and coach, skilled at inspiring confidence, leading by example and building loyal, high-performance teams committed to quality.
• Consistently demonstrates practical yet imaginative approaches to problem solving and fiscal management.
• Highest level of integrity; most valued professional characteristic.
Financial Reporting & Management
Budget Development & Analysis
Fostering Accounting Knowledge Beyond
Business Process Reengineering
Client Relationship Management
Cost/ Benefit Analysis
CFO Accounting Solutions, Inc.
• Providing CFO services to small and middle market companies on an outsourced basis, more affordable as-needed basis.
• Clients Include: Kelleher & Buckley, CFO (2014 to present), University of Notre Dame, financial management of Campus Crossroads Project (2014 to 2017), Industrial Steel Construction, CFO (2014 to present), SPAN USA, CFO (2013 to Present)
• Industries served include: Construction, Professional Services Firms, IT Firms, Manufacturing, and High Net Worth Family Office.
Imperial Woodworking Company
Chief Financial Officer
• Managed contract and risk analysis for company’s initial projects in Middle East at the Burj Dubai, Qatar National Convention Center, and the Presidential Terminal at the Abu Dhabi International Airport. Also managed payment terms and collections successfully in this risky environment.
• Enhanced design of weekly cash flow reporting by incorporating detailed project level cash flow forecasting and designing a streamlined procedure of data collection.
• Renegotiated several key vendor agreements (FedEx, freight forwarder, large format printing, and phone service) saving company over $100k annually.
Manhard Consulting Ltd (Civil Engineering Firm)
Chief Financial Officer
10/2003 – 3/2009
• Responsible for running all financial aspects of civil engineering firm with 375 employees, and 7 offices across the United States.
• Member of the corporate national strategic planning committee, charged with establishing corporate policy, setting operational and fiscal goals, and resolving issues on a timely basis.
• Developed a detailed dynamic budgeting system allowing for performance analysis on an office by office basis, and service line.
• Provided due diligence for several merger and acquisition targets.
• Coordinated and performed financial management and training on location for the transition of three acquired companies.
• Developed and implemented a national training program teaching financial responsibilities for all employees ranging from project managers to office directors. Created a line of communication between operations and accounting, which was previously quite limited.
• Negotiated new relationships with our insurance agency, 401k provider, and third party payroll service, which resulted in lowering costs significantly, and improving levels of benefits/service. The sum of these changes resulted in the reduction of overhead costs by more than several hundred thousand dollars annually.
• Provided excellent coordination between HR, IT, operations, and accounting.
Zera Construction Company, Inc.
Vice President/ Contoller/ CFO
12/1993 – 10/2003
• Instituted job costing/ analysis procedures, and significant project management training, allowing the company revenues to grow by over 300% over 7 years.
• Implemented new accounting software system.
• Able to convince ownership to increase profitability by substantially reducing volume by eliminating an underperforming division, and focusing resources on more profitable areas, saving millions of dollars.
07/1987 – 12/1993
• Managing field audit teams servicing clients in the manufacturing, construction, financial services, and public utility industries.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Member of the Finance Committee at St. James Church in Arlington Heights.
SPAN USA, Inc.—Board Member
President of the Global Health Center for Tropical Disease