Gregory T. Wolf, CPA
406 N Beverly Ln, Arlington Hts, IL 60004
Northern Illinois University
Bachelor of Science—Accountancy
Chick Evans Scholarship Recipient—Full tuition scholarship
Northern Illinois University
Masters in Taxation
Highly accomplished, energetic, and results-driven executive leader with 24 years of progressive experience in all aspects of accounting and finance, internal processes and operations management. Passionate about building shareholder value and being active in all areas of the business to influence positive change and growth. Seeking an executive leadership role where my extensive expertise, drive and leadership can articulate, develop and execute the strategy necessary to obtain growth and maximize shareholder value.
Accounting and financial management
Controllership and decisional support IPO
M&A and investor relations
Financial analysis and treasury management
Business planning and analysis
Growth strategy development
Global operations efficiencies
Performance and resource management
MYR Group Inc., – Rolling Meadows, IL
Chief Accounting Officer and Vice President, Executive Management Committee Member
2000 – 2014
MYR is a nation-wide electric infrastructure contractor with close to $1 billion in revenues and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. My career at MYR began as a controller for two of the largest subsidiaries when the company was privately owned by a major utility company. In 2005 and 2006, the company was sold to an investment firm and subsequently resold in 2007 under a 144(a) transaction to qualified investors which then led to the NASDAQ listing in 2008. I have been extensively involved in these complex transactions and managed the process to ensure their success. During my tenure, I was promoted three times from Controller, to Director of Finance and Accounting, to Vice President of Finance and Accounting, to Chief Accounting Officer and Vice President.
• Member of the Executive Management Committee that decides the company strategy, reviews all current operations, and determines direction of change.
• Chairman of the Investment Committee that oversees all 401(k) and benefit plans in excess of $100 million.
• Chairman of the Disclosure Committee that was the final review of all public documents prior to the release.
• Presented results on a regular basis to the Board of Directors with ongoing communications with board members.
• Instrumental in helping the company grow from a low of $300 million in revenues to a high near $1 billion in revenues.
• Lead role in preparing the public documents and positioning the company for an Initial Public Offering (IPO) through a 144(a) transaction in 2007 followed on by a listing on the NASDAQ in 2008.
• Instrumental in drafting and overseeing the accuracy of all public filings, including 10-Q, 10-K, Press Releases, Proxy statements, etc.
• Extensive dealings with investor relations during the 144(a) offerings and subsequently as a public entity listed on the NASDAQ.
• Presented to investors at investor conferences and during investor road shows with analyst that covered the company.
• Instrumental in establishing and negotiating several large syndicated credit facilities during my tenure, with the latest credit facility of $175m.
• Monitored cash flow and balance sheet risk on a regular basis that ultimately resulted in substantial balance sheet tangible growth during my tenure with zero borrowings under the credit facility.
• Instrumental in establishing an internal controls platform to ensure SOX 404 compliance as a public entity and ensuring an ongoing high standard of compliance required.
• Engaged in companywide project reviews and bids to ensure compliance and accuracy of estimates that are vital to proper financial reporting.
• Negotiated major change order disputes when contractual issues arose with customers or subcontractors working on a large project.
• Engaged in M&A activity of the company by screening potential targets, negotiating Letters of Intent and managing the due diligence process. Facilitated the sale of two former subsidiaries of MYR.
• Managed the company wide budgeting process and 5 year forecasting models.
• Prepared detailed forecasting model by area on a quarterly basis.
• Managed all accounting and financial functions with subsidiary controllers, SEC reporting group, Corporate tax group, Corporate Payroll group, Accounts Payable group, and Accounts Receivable group.
• Modernized the accounts payable process with centralized scanning, processing and distribution to the districts for approval followed by a centralized payment process.
• Reviewed all Insurance renewals and claims activity on a monthly basis to assess market risk and disclosure potentials.
• Implemented automatic billing modules with substantial alliance contracts that tied directly into the payroll system which increased accuracy and timeliness of billing.
• Lead team to redesign contract cost and progress tracking tools that are now standard across the entire organization reducing review time per project and increasing cost controls.
• Ensured compliance with all federal and state taxing authorities in all areas of tax for the entire organization.
Litgen Management Group, LLP, – Elk Grove, IL
1994 – 2000
Responsible for all accounting and finance throughout the organization of entities. Member of the executive oversight committee that discussed strategic growth plans, execution, logistics, risk mitigation, capital expenditures and other vital activities.
• Developed and centralized a formal accounting and administration department for a rapidly growing, multi-state construction company.
• Oversaw all financial aspects throughout the organization, including risk management, accounts receivable group, payroll group, purchasing group, fixed asset procurement process, inventory, and information technology.
• Administrator of the Personal Benefits Programs, 401k and profit sharing plans, medical plans.
• Designed, created and improved processes for major company activities such as;
o Standardized Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable to increase accuracy and cash flow.
o Developed custom database application for managing critical job dispatching process that automatically tied into the billing cycle decreasing billing lag time and improving accuracy.
o Inventory tracking system designed and implemented which reduced shelf life and decreased the capital needs to right size the inventory level.
• Initiated and implemented data consolidation from multiple locations to perform analysis on sales and cost enabling a better understanding of margins, pricing and markets being served.
• Oversaw all technology decisions that enabled the company to expand operations into new markets and maintain the same controls and processes.
• Actively engaged in all aspects of the business to assist in decision making and risk mitigation considerations.
Berger Goldstein & Company, Public Accounting Firm, – Deerfield, IL
Manager, audit and tax
1990 – 1994
Berger Goldstein was a midsize full service public accounting firm servicing a variety of businesses such as manufacturing, construction, real estate, property management, retail chains, wholesale distributors, mortgage and trust companies and service industries. Received three promotions during my tenure and was involved in all aspects of audit, accounting and tax.
• Managed and performed audits, reviews and compilations for mid-sized companies. Served as the client interface for the firm and consulted as external support structure for businesses.
• Oversaw and prepared fully disclosed financial statements with all footnotes according to GAAP.
• Consulted with clients on accounting, business and tax matters as various business situations developed throughout the year.
• Developed financial forecast and long term projections for clients with full income, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
• Reviewed and prepared tax returns for C-corporations, S-corporations, partnerships, and individual.
• Developed short term tax Projections and strategies.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & ACTIVITIES
• Various leadership and executive leadership development programs at MYR
• Sales Training, Effective Writing and Presentation Abilities.
• Continuing Professional Education requirements for a CPA
• Annual tax update seminars
• Western Golf Association – Evans Scholars Foundation
• Technical hobbies Investing, Financial News, digital photography
• Active in marathon running, basketball, coaching, swimming, golf
• Any executive or senior manager at MYR or Board of Director. Can furnish upon request.
• Others as requested.